Election Information & Updates
2024 OFFICES TO BE FILLED, INDUCTION, SALARIES
- Four Council seats will be filled in 2024. There are three Council seats with 4-year terms and one seat with a term ending in November 2026.
- Newly elected Council Members will be inducted at a Council meeting in January 2025.
- Council Members receive a small salary of $250.00/month.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATES
All candidates for elected office in the town shall be qualified electors of the town and should have been registered no later than the date of the first signature on their nomination petitions. Candidates shall have resided in the Town for at least one year preceding the election in which they are running, except that a person living in an area that has been annexed into the Town during the year preceding the election shall be qualified if the person has resided in that annexed area at least one year prior to the election. (See map with Town boundaries in the resource section below.)
Official Filing Period
Monday, March 9, 2024 through 5:00 p.m. on Monday April 8, 2024.
Key election dates for the July 30, 2024 Primary Election:
- April 28th is the first day to request an early ballot to be mailed from Navajo County (928) 524-4062
- July 1st is the last day to register to vote
- July 19th is the last day to request an early ballot to be mailed
- July 26th is the last day to vote an early ballot (in person at County offices)
Key election dates for the November 5th, 2024 General Election:
- August 4th is the first day to request an early ballot to be mailed
- October 8th is the last day to register to vote
- October 25th is the last day to request an early ballot to be mailed
- November 1st is the last day to vote an early ballot (in person at County offices
To view the Arizona Election Procedure Manual CLICK HERE.