STR Complaint Information
Short-Term Rental Complaint Hotline
This complaint hotline is NOT to report any dissatisfactions you may have with your short-term rental. This hotline is provided for neighbors of short-term rentals who may have issues with tenants following the Town Code on noise, parking, trash, or similar concerns. If this is a life-threatening issue, please call 911.
If you would like to report an issue with a short-term rental within Pinetop-Lakeside town limits, please call:
When calling, please make sure you have the following information available:
- Exact property address.
- A clear description of the issues.
You may also click HERE to complete our online code enforcement claim for.
The infractions worthy of repealing the license for one year after three complaints.
Three (3) verified violations (anything listed as a civil offense) of chapter 5.28 within a twelve (12) month period, not including any such violation based on aesthetics, solid waste disposal, or vehicle parking violation that is not also a serious threat to public health and safety.
The infractions worthy of repealing the license for a single occurrence.
One (1) verified violation that results in or constitutes any of the following:
a. A felony offense committed at or in the vicinity of a vacation rental by the owner of the vacation rental or by the owner’s designee;
b. A serious physical injury or wrongful death at or related to a vacation rental resulting from the knowing, intentional, or reckless conduct of the owner of the vacation rental or the owner’s designee;
c. The owner of the vacation rental or the owner’s designee knowingly or intentionally housing a sex offender, allowing offenses related to adult-oriented businesses, sexual offenses, or prostitution, or operating or maintaining a sober living home; or
d. The owner of the vacation rental or the owner’s designee knowingly or intentionally allowing the use of a vacation rental for a special event that would otherwise require a permit or license pursuant to the Town of Pinetop-Lakeside Code or state law or rule or for a retail, restaurant, banquet space or other similar use.
The reasons for denial of a license per 5.28.030.D:
The Town of Pinetop-Lakeside shall issue or deny the permit within seven (7) business days after receipt of a complete application, except that the Town may deny issuance of a permit for any of the following reasons:
1. The applicant failed to provide the information required under subsection B of this section;
2. The applicant failed to pay the permit fee required under subsection C of this section;
3. The applicant provided false information;
4. The owner or designee of the owner: (a) is a registered sex offender; (b) has been convicted of any felony act that resulted in death or serious physical injury; or (c) has been convicted of any felony use of a deadly weapon within five (5) years of submitting the application; or
5. At the time of application, the owner has a suspended permit for the same vacation rental.