- Town Manager
About the Town Manager
The Town Manager is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town of Pinetop-Lakeside and is responsible to the Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the Town.
Our current Town Manager, Keith Johnson, joined the Town on July 13th, 2016. Keith’s past experience includes terms as a County Commissioner, and then as a City Council member and Mayor of Bloomfield, NM, after which he served as Bloomfield’s City Manager for four years.
Keith and his wife, Kim, have three children and nine grandchildren; they’ve lived in the White Mountains for three years.
Town Manager’s Responsibilities
- Executes general administrative supervision and control of the affairs of the Town.
- Enforces the Town’s ordinances, resolutions, and codes.
- Attends all meetings of the Council, and reports on the affairs of the departments, boards, services and activities under his/her supervision.
- Coordinates the administrative functions and operations of the Town’s various departments, boards, and services.
- Appoints, removes, suspends, promotes, and demotes appointed officers and employees of the Town.
- Exercises control over the budget; proposes annual budgets for the consideration and approval of the Council.
- Supervises the expenditures of all departments, divisions, and services.
- Develops and organizes necessary improvement projects and programs.
- Enforces all franchises, permits, and privileges granted by the Town.
- Keeps the Council at all times fully advised on the financial conditions and needs of the Town.
- Serves as the Town’s public relations officer.